Transylvania. Most people think it’s a mythical place that only exist in movies and fantasy books…the land of vampires and home to Dracula, who impaled people…This trip is designed to shamelessly exploit that misconception and to show you that the truth about this place is much better than fiction. To achieve this I have teamed up an experienced local motorcycle guide (and my childhood friend) to put together an unforgettable trip.
Discover the real Transylvania – spectacular natural beauty, centuries of history.
The tour takes you on a ride through the hills of Transylvania steeped in history with centuries-old castles and monasteries.
You will visit world famous castles:
Check out the scenery:
…go to awesome restaurants to sample the local cuisine that is freshly made
And of course all this is connected by roads more twisted than a politician during election time…Naturally, it would be insanity not to try the recently opened Transalpina and Transfagarasan mountain passes:
the latter voted as the world’s best driving road by the boys from UK Top Gear:
At the end of the day relive the ride with your new mates over world class local beer or wine. Eat and sleep like a king in accommodation where royalty have stayed:
This trip includes:
- collection / drop off from/to Cluj (CLJ) or Sibiu (SBZ) airport in Romania
- motorbike hire – medium to large bikes from 600 cc up. To see the bikes, click here
- visiting UNESCO world heritage listed churches, fortresses and castles (yes, including Dracula’s)
- comfortable accommodation throughout
- your luggage will be transported in the support van: all you have to do is enjoy the ride
- pillions who get tired along the way, seats will be available in the support van
- spare bike in case of breakdowns or any other issues
- video of the trip
- AND OF COURSE over 4,000 kms of MOTORBIKE HEAVEN
You can get a further discount if you ride your own bike!
If you need assistance with transporting your bike from Australia to Transylvania contact me.
Want to know more? Click here to read the FAQs or
If you want to see a few pictures of motorcycle fun in Transylvania – click Here