Q: Where is this tour? Where is Transylvania? Where is it based?
A: Transylvania is a province of Romania and we will be based Cluj :
Q: How do I get there?
A: To get there, search for flights in/out of Cluj (CLJ) Romania, on most airfare booking sites (such as www.lastminute.com). There are flights between Cluj (CLJ) and most major European cities or if you need assistance contact me.
Q: I have my own bike, can I come?
A: Yes! – see prices below. Do you need your bike transported to Transylvania? Are you riding there? Contact me to discuss the details.
Q: Who is the tour for?
A: This tour is for experienced riders and pillions, who can handle medium to large sized motorbikes. Have a look at the bikes page to see what is on tour. Naturally, you must possess a valid motorcycle license that allows you to ride legally in EU countries. Whilst the tour is on 100% paved roads, you should be comfortable riding in the rain and in traffic. If you come from Australia or the UK, don’t worry too much about riding on the “wrong side” of the road. It only takes a short time to get used to riding on the other side.
Q: What do I need to bring?
A: Detailed list of recommended clothing will be sent to you once we receive the deposit, however as a minimum you need your riding gear to cover hot and cold weather conditions as well as your wet weather gear. You should also bring your mobile phone and have it set for international roaming or get a local sim card when you arrive.
Q: How much riding is there per day?
A: The tour length is about 1,400km so expect to ride somewhere between 150-250km/day. You can dictate your own speed throughout the riding days.
Q: Can I stay longer to explore by bike?
A: Yes, you can stay longer and hire the bike for extra days. We can assist you with accommodation and show you other attractions and places to ride if you are interested.
Q: What is included in this tour?
A: This tour includes:
- 7 days riding on paved roads with small gravel sections – see itinerary
- Collection / drop off from/to Cluj (CLJ) airport in Romania
- Experienced motorcycle guide, english speaking, general maps and daily route briefing
- Quality hotel (shared) accommodation throughout:
- 1 night in 4 star
- 3 nights in 3 star
- 2 nights in guest houses
- individual accommodation available for EUR 169
- 6 Breakfasts
- 3rd party insurance for the motorbikes
- full (CASCO) insurance available for the costs of EUR 20 per day
- the excess under full insurance is EUR 750 for the mid size bikes
- the excess under full insurance is EUR 1500 for the larger bikes
- For 6 or more rider groups your luggage will be transported in the support van
Q: What is not included in the price?
A: The following is not included:
- Motorbike hire
- Airfares to/from Cluj – Romania
- Lunches / dinners – budget about EUR 20-25 each per day
- Alcohol and other drinks
- Activities and dinners during rest day (there is 1 rest day)
- Fuel – budget about EUR 20-25 per day
- Travel, personal, illness, injury or accident insurance cover
- Entry fees for the castles and other historic sites the tour visits
Q: How much does this cost?
Click on the link below to see the dates and prices available
Q: Is there a group discount?
A: Yes, contact me to discuss the details.
How is my place confirmed?
Your place is confirmed once you made a deposit payment. PayPal will issue a receipt confirming successful payment. This payment is not refundable but can be transferred to another riding event if:
- Request to transfer is initiated by you and
- You contact me more than 6 weeks before your original event. Transfer in such case is done my sole discretion.
When is the full payment due?
Full payment is due 6 weeks before the ride. NOTE: it is up to you to ensure that payment is made successfully and in full. If you are unsure, please contact me.
Can I cancel my ride?
You can only transfer your ride and only if it is done 6 weeks before your original event. In such case, you can only transfer to another riding event if initiated by you and at my sole discretion.
Can I transfer my ride over to someone else
Yes you may, however you must contact me first and get my agreement for that person to attend the ride.
Q: Can I ask another question?
A: Yes, contact me.
Q: OK, I want to secure a position on this tour. How do I do that?
A: Select the Book Online Now button below and follow the prompts. You can pay a deposit of EUR 200 to secure your spot. Deposit is non-refundable, but transferrable to another ride date. Your position has to be fully paid 6 weeks prior to your arrival date to Transylvania.