Q: What’s better that riding your bike?
A: working on your bike? (C’mon you can’t stay in bed forever…)
My current work includes replacing the head stem bearings, and here are some of the pictures:
1. Take off the fairings
2. Take off the tank so you can hang the front end
3. Hang the front end so you can get to the head stem
4. Change that setup and hang from the ceiling…
5. Take off the front wheel and the steering unit
6. Observe how rusty are your bearings and wonder why ( not admit that it was because of the way you ride through everything…)
7. Compare the illness and the medication
8. Insert the outer races with special tool (thank you DOCV!)
Next: the rest of the work when I have time or when my mate Dan beggs me enough to move the Duc so he can take out his much loved CBR to the track…
BTW blog made on my phone, it will be Interesting how it turns out on the big screen…
I took this video of my mate Eric on our way to Jindabyne. The trip was 1,600km return from Melbourne so it was an overnight ride…well it was for me anyway as Eric fell in love with the place and stayed an extra night…
I put one of Eric’s fave song, “Army of me” by Bjork since that dude’s a One Man Gang (bang)…according to him.
Stay tuned for more rubbish that makes no sense whatsoever, except to those who were there.